In order to keep great, healthy-looking teeth for years, you have to take care of your teeth in the right way. Unfortunately, many individuals do not realize how to keep to the task of a healthy smile effectively. Here are the tips revealed for you that help to get rid of pain and to keep your teeth healthier years from now.
1. Brush regularly after every time you eat. (Yes, after snacks too) Why brush so much? Brushing after every meal helps keep the small food particles out of your mouth. No food particles decaying...no bacteria helping it to decay.
2. Floss at least once a day. We know, we know, the only time you floss is the day before you go to see your Shreveport dentist. Flossing cleans and removes calculus where your toothbrush cannot reach.
3. Brush your tongue or use a tongue scraper. Why do a great job on your teeth only to have them come in immediate contact with the microbes living on the surface of your tongue? As an added benefit,
your breath will be MUCH better!
4. See your dental professionals regularly, but choose them wisely. There are good offices and bad ones and you need to seek a good hygienist as well as a D.D.S. Listen to your hygienist when she tells you about a problem area and do not be afraid to ask questions. Be on time for your appointments. Talk to your dentist; find out what is going on in your mouth. Do not be afraid to ask him or her questions. If your professional will not take the time to answer you in a way you can understand or gets offended by your questions, it may be time to move on.
5. White teeth do not necessarily mean healthy teeth. Tooth whitening is extremely popular today. While tooth whiteners remove staining, they do not necessarily do the cleaning job required by your other efforts. While white teeth and your smile may be your biggest concern, make sure that smile will be there, in good shape, years from now.
6. Nutrition, good nutrition, helps your teeth. You have heard the saying you are what you eat; well it applies to healthy teeth too. The healthier your diet, usually means the healthier your smile. (Assuming you do steps 1-5)
7. Finally, give yourself time, use the time, and be on time. These are YOUR teeth. How you care for them will determine how they will care for you down the road. Your attention to your good oral health could even save your life.
Most people shows in the mouth bacteria that cause cavities and over 90% of Americans have at least one cavity. Hence sensitivity, toothaches, and eventually, tooth loss. They may be extrinsic, easy to remove (food products and / or colored beverages, tobacco, red wine, etc..) Or intrinsic (due to adverse effects of drugs, dental demineralization etc.). Bad breath is caused by smelly compounds resulted from the metabolism of bacteria in plaque accumulated on teeth.
Tips to Healthy Teeth by BRANDON HILLS