Dr Izharul Hasan
Also called beet, the beetroot is a firm, clean globe shaped vegetable with no soft wet areas. If still attached, it should have fresh, clean young leaves. The beetroot is characterized by dark purple skin and a distinctive purple flesh. There are multiple benefits of beetroot and some of them are: Beetroot is a natural detoxifier and blood purifier. Beetroot is also rich in a variety of nutrients that are important for the immune system to work with full efficiency because beets encourage the production of antibodies that fight against the disease or infection inside our body. The white blood cells including leukocytes and phagocytes are responsible to fight against infection and beet helps them by providing nutritional support. Beetroot is also rich in iron and that is why it boosts red blood cells with required iron and facilitates the supply of oxygen towards the cells making our body healthy and young. Beetroot also contains manganese which is really necessary for the formation of interferon that is a potent anticancer substance and beet\'s color is red because of the betanin pigment found in beet. This betanin pigment is also known as a prominent anthocyanin antioxidant that helps prevent heart disease and cancer by fighting free radicals in our body. Beetroot is also a beneficial antioxidant which provides better health and support for our liver and kidneys. Beetroot is high in fiber and is beneficial for the proper functioning of the heart and digestive system. It does not end here.
Values of one cup of cooked beet:
Dietary Fiber: 1.5 gm
Protein: 1.5 gm
Potassium: 259 mg
Phosphorus: 32 mg
Carbohydrates 8.5 grams
Folate: 53.2 mcg
Benefits and Features of Beetroot
- Beetroot provides a good source of anthocyanadins, a natural antioxidant that contributes to its deep red color
- Cures Anemia thanks to high iron (that\'s why it\'s excellent for new moms who lost a lot of blood during child birth)
- The beta cyanin in beetroot can help detox your liver, having a knock-on effect for your bloodstream, by helping the body to eliminate toxins and potentially preventing the build-up of fatty deposits
- Extract is a natural source of vitamins and minerals
- Beetroot is used traditionally as a blood building food
- Beetroot juice has been shown to reduce high blood pressure. It affects an estimated 25of the world\'s adult population and is a significant factor in coronary heart disease and strokes
- Beetroot is a super-storehouse of both vitamin C and iron, which is great news for your body. Both are essential elements for health, but many of us struggle to absorb enough iron. Luckily, good old Mother Nature included extra vitamin C in her beetroots and this vitamin helps increase iron absorption
- Beetroot may aid the natural process of elimination and support detoxification processes
- Beetroot has liver, spleen, gall bladder and kidney cleansing properties
- Beetroot is particularly rich in Vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus and iron
- Beetroot has been shown to contain the compound betaine, which enhances the production of the body\'s natural mood-lifter serotonin
- Each capsule provides approximately 1-2mg of elemental iron
- The iron contained in beetroot is organic and non-irritating and will not cause constipation
- Beetroot is useful in acidosis due to it being rich in alkaline elements
- Vacuum packed to enhance stability and shelf life
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- It is also used during alcohol rehabilitation, as it acts as a detoxifying agent if the consumption is discontinued. It detoxifies the liver along with the whole system.
- To get instant relief in case of gastric ulcer, mix some honey to beetroot and consume fresh. Consistent consumption of this, thrice a week, will help eradicate the problem from its root.
- If you suffer from a gall bladder or kidney disease, then it is highly recommended to include beetroot.
- The cleansing properties of beetroot juice works great when it comes to liver or bile ailments. The potency of the cleansing agent increases if you add a dash of lime to the vegetable\'s juice.
- Daily consumption of the vegetable juice helps build up the immune system, hence, preventing a number of diseases.
- Beetroot juice also helps in increasing the stamina of body and hence is taken as a supplement by the athletes. It reduces the uptake of oxygen while workouts, hence decreasing the fatigue level of body.
- If you are expecting a baby, then you should increase the intake of beetroot juice because of its rich vitamin B content, which plays a crucial role in preventing birth defects in babies.
- Beetroot juice is a healthy skin and blood revitalizer which leaves a permanent effect on the blood generation capabilities of the body. One must include this juice in the daily routine to live a healthy long life.
- Beetroot also works as a laxative, as it is low in calories. Beetroots composition has a high content of pro-vitamin A and vitamin C. It is rich in fiber, folic acid, B vitamins such as vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B6, iodine, to a lesser extent magnesium, sodium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus. Beetroot is also recommended for pregnant women.
- As we all know-Consumption of beetroot juice leads to reddish colored urine and stools. So don\'t get alarmed when you see this condition, it\'s completely harmless.
- It\'s important to note that beetroot, and especially the green leaves of the beets, contain high levels of oxalate. High oxalate consumption can increase your body\'s tendency to crystallize minerals. That means they should not be consumed by people who have a tendency for kidney stones.
- The question \'is beetroot juice good for you\' needs to be answered by trying beetroot juice. As with any diet changes, check with your doctor before adding beets to your diet.
Always start with moderate amounts.
- Beetroot juice is very potent, and it is recommended that you drink the raw juice diluted or mixed with other vegetable or fruit juices so as not to push the body into detoxifying too quickly.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/alternative-medicine-articles/beetrootchukandar-values-and-health-benefits-a-view-5602965.html
About the Author
email@example.com, Bangalore India
Hi Friends, I am dr Izhar, love all of you, and I\'d like to write about my interest, and here i am sharing about my opinion, prevention regarding to many diseases, maintaining views for Health, Beauty & Younger looking Secrets at article base...