In today's assaulting environment with harsh UV rays, pollutants and free radicals, it can be difficult to keep your skin looking fresh, young and vibrant. Here are a few things you can do to protect your skin and even start reversing the aging process keeping you looking your best.
1. Drink water and lots of it. When the skin is properly hydrated, it looks younger and more radiant. Drink the recommended amount of water and you'll see the difference in the mirror.
2. Steer clear of all Sodas and sugary drinks (including "diet" sodas). The sugar in sodas and other sugary drinks can cause adult acne and other problems. Aspartame in diet soda can also cause diabetes.
3. Never, never, never go to bed with make up on. It does not matter how late it is or how tired you feel, this essential step will save your face in the long run.
4. Eat healthy. Eating a balanced diet of nutritious foods will help your skin regenerate and keep it looking great. Dark leafy greens and other vegetables contain vitamins and are rich in a carotenoid called lutein which not only will help make your skin look great but have many other health benefits too.
5. Get a good nights rest. They don't call it beauty sleep for nothing! When you sleep, your body goes into a repair cycle and your skin cells regenerate. Experts agree that getting at least 8 hours of shut eye per night is best.
6. Use and stick to a good skin care regimen. My absolute favorite regimen was developed by the beautiful famous Dermatologists who introduced their acne treatments to millions through Jessica Simpson sponsored infomercials. The products use med therapy and natural botanicals to help stimulate natural collagen production, and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I use it in the morning and before I go to bed every night and everyone always comments on how great my skin looks. The eye cream is amazing too.
Author: Angela Kratzer