Try the following easy tips at home and see how effective they are in reducing hair loss!
1. Hot oil treatments: Take any natural oil - olive, coconut, canola - and heat it up so that it is warm, but not too hot. Massage it gently into your scalp. Put on a shower cap and leave it on for an hour, then shampoo your hair.
2. Natural juices: You can rub your scalp with either garlic juice, onion juice or ginger juice. Leave it on overnight and wash it thoroughly in the morning.
3. Get a head massage: Massaging your scalp for a few minutes daily will help stimulate circulation. Good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Circulation may be improved through massage by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base.
4. Antioxidants: Apply warm green tea (two bags brewed in one cup of water) on your scalp and leave this mixture on for an hour and then rinse. Green tea contains antioxidants which prevent hair loss and boost hair growth.
5. Practice meditation: Believe it or not, most of the times, the root cause for hair loss is stress and tension. Meditation can help in reducing that and restore hormonal balance.
6. Foot massage: Acupressure says there are nerve endings and pressure points in and under out feet which are directly connected to the scalp. Foot massage helps activate the pressure points in your scalp and strengthens the roots. For better results, apply coconut oil under heels before sleep at night.
7. Avoid chemicals: AVOID CHEMICALS AT ALL COSTS! Many of the hair colors and dyes, and even some shampoo/conditioners contain chemicals that might give a temporary shine and smoothness to the hair, but weaken the roots as a side effect. Use soft shampoos like Dove, Clinic-all-clear, etc. or herbal shampoos like Himalayas, Ayur, etc. Or you may use natural hair cleansing and strengthening agents like egg yolk, Reetha nuts (soapnuts) etc.