At first 1200 calories per day does not seem like enough food, after all we are all consuming a lot more than that. In fact the average American eats 3 times this figure.
The 1,200 calorie diet plan is intended as a safe and gradual weight loss program. As with any diet, contact your doctor to make sure it's right for you.
There are a few tips that you should follow to insure your success.
1. You should eat 4 - 6 small meals and snacks daily.
2. Keep your diet simple. This will make it much easier to organize your meals
3. Eat slower. This gives your brain time to trigger your satifaction feelings
4. Try to use variety in your meals. This will keep you interested
5. Drink plenty of water, 8 to 10 glasses per day
6. Use a multivitamin. This will ensure you receive all of your nutrients.
Use these suggestions to build your meals. This is only a handful, you can use these to start and then build your own lists to use. By building a list of foods you will be able to easily design your meal plans.
1 large hard boiled egg - 90 calories
2 slices wholemeal toast with thin smear butter - 200 cals
Large slice melon - 47 calories
8 oz. non fat milk, protein fortified, with added Vitamin A (101 cal)
1/2 cup of strawberries
Egg and Lettuce Sandwich
Cottage Cheese with chives reduced fat 100g - 80 calories
Baked potato with baked beans - 300 cals
French bread Pizza 150 grams - 300 cals
Mixed Salad Large portion - 80 calories
Apple - 49 cals
1 Chicken Breast with vegetables and rice
Lasagne frozen 250g - 317 calories
Pasta Salad made with a little olive oil & a little sauce to flavour - 200 - 300 calories ( 250 average )
50g Tinned Tuna in water - 50 cals