If I talked to my husband will tell you that the best medicine against the flu is not getting the flu (hes not always the most useful). He talks smart because he is almost never sick. I'm very jealous of him. I think that genes must be better than mine because he does not eat healthily and do more exercise so I was sick more often than him.
I caught the flu almost every year. Ive tried OTC medicines, homeopathic remedies and some went to my doctor when I have bad case of flu.
Ive listed below some points in common and other not so common remedies for the flu. Some homeopathic remedies are other drugs involved are taking other prescription.
1) The first question is more of a suggestion to keep the patient rather than a resource, but I feel very well ITSA edge. Put your toothbrush in a cup with hydrogen peroxide to prevent the re-infected you (especially if you have a cold). Toothbrushes are a haven for germs and the hydrogen peroxide will kill bacteria on your toothbrush. You can choose to brush your teeth every day of hydrogen peroxide to kill bacteria that accumulate.
2) In addition to your toothbrush in a cup of hydrogen peroxide can put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in the ears. It can help kill flu (or cold) germs. Sometimes, hydrogen peroxide is a little irritated. The process is to put a few drops in one ear with a cotton swab or a Q-tip. After a few minutes, the excess liquid drain empties into a paper towel or Kleenex. Then do the same in the other ear. Repeat the process after an hour or two. Continue to repeat until the hydrogen peroxide bubble when it is not his position in the ear (usually after 2 or 3 times). Hydrogen peroxide is said to be most effective if used as soon as possible after the illness.
3) elderberry extract can reduce the duration of the flu, according to studies conducted in Israel. Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or herbalist for advice on how much and how often to take, and also to ensure that they do not interfere with other medications or supplements that May be already taken.
4) is another grass Bonesetter said to help reduce the intensity and duration of the flu. It is usually added to boiled water with honey and lemon (to make it easier to drink) and then taste. Again, check with your doctor, pharmacist or herbalist for the recommended dose.
5) Oscillococcinum is a homeopathic / natural product to help with the symptoms of flu body aches and pains, fever and chills. One of the reasons why it is so popular is that it does not cause drowsiness.
6) Naturoksinum is another natural resource of the flu. It was touted as being capable of reducing the severity of flu symptoms by half. One of the most popular remedies flu in France and is available for purchase in the United States.
7) Echinacea is another natural remedy for
influenza. Again, it is a herbal, consult your doctor, pharmacist, or herbalist to make sure it is safe for you to take and not to interfere with other medicines or supplements you take.
8) Tamiflu and Relenza are two drugs available to treat influenza. For drugs work better than two days must be taken with the onset of flu symptoms. Tamiflu and Relenza, work on prevention of influenza virus to infect cells of the body that are still in good health, and both work against influenza A and B.
9) Drink health juices such as mangosteen, noni, goji, aloe vera, or ACAI berry. Are not only great juices to drink if you have the flu, but can also help to prevent fruit juices because they are good people to promote an immune system. My choice of juice health juice mangosteen. Its taste and helps me feel better in general.
10) There are several products available for use in the bath or shower to help with their symptoms. Open bath for colds and flu is a product that you add to the bathwater. It is said to help relieve congestion, reduce physical pain and help relieve the chills associated with the flu. The makers of Sudafed offer a product called Shower Sudacare Corps. These are tablets that react with hot water to create vapors of eucalyptus, menthol and camphor, to contribute to the congestion.
11) nasal sprays to help relieve the symptoms of influenza are available on the counter. A product is called Flu Relief. Nasal Spray arent as popular as most other resources, because although many people dislike using nasal spray.
12) Fever, headache and muscle pain are the symptoms of flu. Acetaminophen or ibuprofen, both available on the counter can help alleviate pain.
13) A persistent cough May be present when a person has the flu. There are many more of the cough medicines, such as Robitussin (which has formulas of their products with flu symptoms), to help calm the cough associated with the flu.
14) Congestion is another symptom that a person can get with the flu. An oral decongestant can help loosen congestion. Once again, there are many products available on the fight against the flu with symptoms such as congestion. Vicks vapor rub can also help relieve congestion.
15) A sore throat can be another bothersome symptom of the flu. Throat lozenges or sprays can help with pain. I gargle with warm salt water every hour when my throat is sore. It is a cure for my mother when I was little. It worked for me, and always for me now.
16) The rest is a very important part of the fight against influenza. Your body needs rest to help fight against infections in the body. Therefore, in giving to this need in the door frame and rest. You tend to feel better faster if you do.
17) Drink plenty of fluids as you can when you have the flu. Avoid beverages with caffeine, caffeinated beverages, because they act as mild diuretics. The liquid water is the best, but can be difficult for someone who feels sick to drink enough. Other good choices are clear liquid juice, Gatorade (or any other sports drinks) as well as flavored water and Pedialyte. When I was a child has the flu, and my mother always gave me 7-up drink. I could drink without feeling sick to my stomach and taste good, I was able to drink enough to keep me from dehydrating.
Always remember that the flu (depending on what you have contracted the strain) can be fatal if not treated properly. Do not be afraid to contact your doctor if your symptoms begin to improve in a few days or if you are very serious.
Another thing to remember when you have the flu (or are sick with something else), it suffices to treat the symptoms you have. There are many more products available to treat the symptoms of flu. Many of those products relieve multiple symptoms. But sometimes you do not have all the symptoms of drug trafficking in particular. Look for products that treat the symptoms you have, but nothing more. You do not want too much from the drugs themselves.
Warning: This article is for educational purposes and is not intended to diagnose or treat illness and disease, it is not intended to provide medical care.