There are various ways of getting rid of freckles such as chemical treatments and natural remedy for freckles.
What are the common treatments used to get rid of freckles?
- Bleaching agents and creams are the most common treatment used to get rid of freckles. However, bleaching agents may burn the skin around the freckles and may even cause scarring.
- Retinol is also used to lighten freckles. They are actually effective if treatment is continued for a long time. There is risk however that the skin around the freckles may lighten, thus giving emphasis on the brown spots.
- Laser treatment such as resurfacing may also be used to lighten the discoloration.
- Chemical peel and deep peeling are also done as treatment for freckles but recovery time may be significant.
- Modern way to get rid of freckles involve freezing with liquid nitrogen.
- Rinse your face with sour milk. It will help minimize the darkening of the freckles.
- You may also try to use lemon juice to wash your face. It will lighted the freckles, but you need to be doubly sure you do not expose your face to the sun because your skin will be extra sensitive because of the lemon juice.
- Sour cream may also be used in your face as a mask. It will lighten the freckles. However you may not rinse your face afterwards, only wipe your face with soft cloth or tissue.
- Increase Vitamin C intake. This vitamin will make your face less sensitive to the sun. Therefore, you minimize the risk of developing more freckles than you already have.