1. Let Apple Cider Vinegar do the magic. Once applied on your armpit, it will prevent bacteria from thriving because it can change the pH of your skin.
2. You can also apply any Green Tea Extract from local health stores.
3. Another antiseptic that you can use is Witch Hazel.
4. Tea Tree Oil is another antimicrobial that you can apply to prevent body odor.
5. As an alternative to deodorant, you can grate a turnip in cheese cloth. Squeeze the juice extract and massage 1 tsp of it on each underarm.
Take note that the natural remedies mentioned above may not prevent you from sweating, but they will kill bacteria that cause the foul smell.
Your body scent is a reflection of what you eat. Vegetarians can easily tell if a person is a huge fan of meat or not. If you are suffering from a body odor, take note of what you are eating. Make sure to lessen the consumption of meat and dairy products. Instead, you need to eat more green leafy vegetables. Heavy meat eaters normally suffer from body odor. Your new healthy diet may not stop you from perspiring, but the smell may not be as bad as before.
There are some people who are taking zinc (30 mg daily) supplement to get rid of their BO. Some reported that they notice the improvement within 2 weeks. However, before taking this supplement make sure to consult your doctor first. High doses of zinc may upset your stomach. Also, a prolonged intake of high doses of zinc may increase the risk for prostate cancer.
You can also drink an ounce of fresh wheat grass juice every morning. However, make sure to take it in an empty stomach, and drink it down with water. The chlorophyll in this plant can reduce or even eliminate the body odor.
If stress or tension can cause you to perspire leading to a bad BO, then you can consider taking Sage Tea. Use 1 ½ teaspoons of dried sage or 2 sage tea bags in 1 cup of just boiled water. Allow it to steep for at least 10 minutes. Sip the tea in small doses all throughout the day. This tea will help you relax and prevent sweating.
Now that you are aware on how to get rid of body odor naturally, you'll not solely rely on underarm deodorant anymore.
By John K Char