The swollen pus filled pimples that you can sometimes notice on your face are just one of the visible signs of acne, a bacterial skin disease. Others that you might see are whiteheads, blackheads and cysts which develop underneath your skin. When the pores on your skin get clogged up with debris blackheads and whiteheads form. When these plugged up pores get infected with acne causing bacteria then those annoying pimples begin to develop. Keeping your skin clean and grime free is how to prevent pimples.
1. Wash Pimples Regularly? Cysts, pimples, blackheads and whiteheads are all indications that an acne infection exists, so the areas of the body that are affected should be scrupulously cleansed two times every day. Make use of a skin cleanser that does not include any components that irritate the skin but that does have substances with antibacterial properties such as sulfur. It helps to use an applicator for the cleanser like a brush or loofah which can gently exfoliate a thin superficial layers of the skin without producing irritation that could cause acne to spread. Do not scrub acne affected areas too hard and use a clean towel to dry them. Maintaining good personal hygiene is how to prevent pimples.
2. Don't Pick Pimples - Your pimples and other acne blemishes may be very frustrating when they start to irritate but you need to remember that how to prevent pimples definitely includes keeping your hands off the pimples and blackheads. Don't pop, scratch, rub or even touch your acne no matter how itchy it is because that will cause the infection to become worse. Your skin membranes and tissues might also get injured by scratching and end up with permanent scarring.
3. Natural Pimple Remedies? Many different varieties of holistic and natural treatment methods are available that can help to avoid pimples from occurring in a cheap, effectual and risk-free manner. Tea tree oil is extracted from the paper bark tree in Australia and is a powerful bactericidal that kills acne producing bacteria while acting as an exfoliate for the skin. Apple cider vinegar helps to control and heal acne infections by acting in three different ways. It balances the skin's pH, it absorbs excess skin oil and it destroys microorganisms that cause acne. Gel from the Aloe Vera plant can also be effective in three ways. It works as an antiseptic to clean the skin surface and it is a topical pain reliever so it make infections of acne feel better. Aloe Vera gel is a powerful anti-inflammatory too so it lessens the puffiness in acne pimples.
4. Avoid Over Drying Skin? Some of the ways of how to prevent pimples can lead to the skin getting dried out and flaky. That may infuriate the skin and exacerbate acne infections and spread them. Using a good quality skin moisturizer which is non oily can prevent this by keeping the skin well hydrated and moist. The sun's uv rays could cause a whole lot of damage and dryness on the skin therefore when people are going to be outside they should wear a sunscreen lotion with high protection and a wide brimmed hat.
5. Diet to Reduce Pimples? A healthy and nutritious diet will keep the body as well as the skin in healthy condition. Food stuffs that have essential fatty acids and antioxidants help to counter pimple causing toxins and free radical molecules. Dairy products should be avoided because they come from lactating cows and therefore may contain significant amounts of estrogen. High levels of estrogen can encourage acne pimples to develop.