How To Get Rid Of Inflamed Taste Buds

What are inflamed taste buds and how do you get rid of them? As you may know, taste buds are the receptors in a human's tongue which are responsible for determining the taste of what you are eating. When you are experiencing inflamed taste bud, you might not be able to taste anything, food, drink and all. Furthermore, these taste buds can make your tongue really sore and irritated. Most of the times, swelling of the tongue may also be experienced.
Inflammation of the taste buds may be cause by various factors. When you accidentally bit your tongue, it may be inflamed. Too many flavorful and acidic foods may also cause inflamed buds. It may also be caused by bacteria or fungus infection.
Inflamed taste buds are very annoying. When you experience this, you might want to get instant relief. Here are some things you can do to get rid of these inflamed buds.
There are some mixtures which you can gargle with in order to relieve the soreness. You can mix rock salt with lukewarm water and gargle with it three times a day. Tea tree oil is also considered to be effective. Rubbing garlic on your tongue may also be good. Honey also has antibacterial functions so if you cannot bear the taste of raw garlic, this can be a good alternative.
Ice and other cold foods can also help relieve pain and irritation. You can let ice melt inside your mouth, or munch on some soft cold food. Mint is also used sometimes to get rid of inflamed buds. There are also over-the-counter prescriptions which you can intake to reduce the inflammation.
If you have inflamed buds, do not eat foods which have strong flavors. Avoid eating foods and snacks with a lot of spices. Also, do not touch your tongue as it may get infected.
Minor inflamed buds usually do not last for more than a week. If these simple remedies to get rid of inflamed buds did not work effectively, there might be something else to it. Consult your doctor as he knows the best remedies to get rid of these taste buds.
If you're finding that the problem continues to get worse, you may want to consult with your local doctor. He/she may be able to refer you to a dentist, or they may also be able to recommend some professional products that you can use to help reduce the inflammation.