Sopusop is native to South America and West Indies, but this amazing life giving fruit is also harvested in Australia, Africa and southeastern Asia. These fruits offer countless positive contents for human health. They are exceedingly rich in vitamins and fiber which is why they can cure diseases, enhance immunity, slow aging process, reduce hair fall and most essentially, can control the deadly cancerous syndromes. The subtle sweet and sour flavors make it a favorite and fundamental essential in a variety of beverages and juices. The white, creamy and fleshy pulp of this powerful curing combatant helps to keep your health issues at bay. Let's see how!!
- Boosts immune system- Suorsop fruits contain substances like annocatacin, acetogenins, anonol, anomurine, annonacin, caclourine, linoleic acid and muricapentocin which helps in keeping our body remain fit and improved and put up a victorious fight against diseases.
- Kills malignant cancer cells- The leaf of the plant can be targeted to kill 12 types of malignant cancerous cells including prostrate, colon, lung, breast and pancreatic cancer. When measured against the conventional chemo therapy and adriamycin drugs, the power of soursop was found to drive near about 10,000 times stronger. Further probing is being carried out in medical field for finding out the actual elements in its sweet pulp that offer marked resistance to cancer.
- High vitamin C content- Health conscious individuals can increasingly consume this fruit flesh antioxidant to increase endurance and slacken the aging process.
- Rich in Fiber- Besides containing nutritional components, soursop fruits are also rich in non nutritional components like fiber that can aid your digestive process.
- Cures health ailments- Soursop juice, if taken twice daily, can help knock out liver problems, urinary tract infection, kidney diseases, and hematuria. The fleshy part, when applied on cuts prevents bacterial infection and accelerates the healing process.
- Maintains a healthy heart and prevents nerve damage- Vitamin B1 in the fruit accelerates metabolism, prevents nerve damages and can even restore central nervous disorders. The Vitamin B2 content accounts for fat storage, body's energy production, maintenance of heart muscle and proper functioning of nervous system.
- Puts a check on osteoporosis- Extremely high in calcium and phosphorous contents, it works amazingly to maintain bone health.
- Increases energy- Fructose content in the fruit greatly helps in draining energy and keeping you fresh and active throughout the day. That's because monosaccharide in fructose acts as a natural source of carbohydrates for the body.
The popularity of soursop has been increasingly growing in the recent years. It can be used for making tropical drinks that blend the fruit with unsweetened or sweetened milk or water. Its other applications include custards, smoothies, sherbet, ice creams, jellies, nectar blends, syrups and tarts. The fruit also finds widespread uses in exotic desserts; owning to its clean and refreshing taste. It seamlessly amalgamates with other fruits; thus making it to be an essential ingredient for any fruit portfolio. You may also try some exciting combinations of this fruit with coconut, acerola, passion fruit, orange or strawberry.
Although abstinence from alcohol, junk food and caffeine can keep you in good health; including fruits like soursop in your diet can impart a fresh and nourishing angle upping your glamorous quotient. Let the sweet fruit tune in with your needs to eradicate the ill effects of your hectic life so that you can rejoice life to the fullest.
By Veeru Sam