The first blasted place that reveals our age is under eye wrinkles. This is one of the top popular areas of our body to receive cosmetic surgery. By following some simple rules, you can reduce those unwanted under eye wrinkles and give your face a more youthful look without surgery.
1. No Cleansers - When washing your face with a cleanser, avoid the eye area. The cleanser is harsh on the delicate skin and will tend to dry it out more, making your under eye wrinkles deeper and worse.
2. Makeup Remover - When removing eye makeup, use an eye makeup remover only. This step alone will reduce aggravating your under eye wrinkles. An eye makeup remover is specially formulated to melt off that hard-to-get-off mascara and yet be gentle to your skin. Baby oil is gentle and can be used, but if you are prone to acne, invest in an oil-free makeup remover to prevent breaking out along your cheekbones.
3. Be Gentle! - When washing off the eye area, be sure to be very gentle. Avoid tugging and pulling, and use little pressure, as this will help keep the integrity of the skin more supple. This is so hard to do when you first wake up in the morning and are trying to rub the sleep out of your eyes!
4. Use an Eye Cream - There are many fabulous eye creams designed to nourish the delicate skin and reduce under eye wrinkles. If you suffer from dark circles, find an eye cream that combats the wrinkles and dark circles.
5. Natural Remedies, if You Have Time! - There are many natural remedies you can use to combat under eye wrinkles, however, they are very time consuming. I find I waste more than what I use because natural remedies (especially food-based remedies) spoil quickly. Many synthetic creams use the compounds from natural sources so you get the best of both worlds - great ingredients and preservation.
6. Eye Creams - Pat the cream around the eye area instead of rubbing it in. This helps avoid stretching the delicate tissue. Tugging at and rubbing the skin vigorously, sun exposure, and environmental factors greatly contribute to under eye wrinkles. Eye creams are generally used twice a day, in the morning and evening.
7. Where to Apply Eye Creams - Avoid applying creams on the eyelids and the inner corners of your eyes to prevent eye irritation. Concentrate on the outer corners, below the eyes, and above the eyebrows.
This will get you started to banish your under eye wrinkles. Remember that makeup on bad skin looks like makeup on bad skin. So take care of it so people will notice your beauty instead of being distracted by your skin's imperfections!
By Kaelyn Hales