Athletes foot can literally drive you nuts at times. The more you scratch the itch, the worse it gets! Then it gets to the point that it starts burning and really becomes a pain. Often times you think you've got it whipped, only to have it return with a vengeance. So, here's some helpful home remedy for athletes foot tips to put an end to this nuisance for good.
1. Keep your feet covered - Regardless of where you are in public, wear some kind of shoes on your feet. Athletes foot loves places like gyms, swimming pools, health clubs, locker rooms, and spas. The fungus that causes athletes foot can spread like a wildfire in these types of areas. A little prevention will go a long way here.
2. Soak your feet - This athletes foot treatment works quite well. Mix 4-5 tablespoons of salt with a gallon of warm water. Soak your feet in the solution for 15 minutes. Afterwards, you can even apply an antifungal cream if you desire.
3. Put on some baking soda - Here is another good home remedy for athletes foot. Take a tablespoon of baking soda and mix it together with a little water. You want to make it into a paste like substance. Rub this onto the infected area of your feet and let it dry. Then, simply rinse it off and let your feet dry.
4. Take care of your shoes - Any athletes foot prevention should include your shoes also. Fixing this area is pretty simple. Sprinkle in a medicated foot powder on the inside of your shoes every 2-3 days. You can also use a medicated spray to fight off the fungus in your shoes.
5. Change your socks - Do you have feet that tend to sweat all the time? Then you should change your socks 2-3 times a day. Take an extra pair with you to work and change them during your lunch break.
6. Off with the old dead skin - Removing the dead skin from your feet is an important part of athletes foot treatment. Dead skin helps safeguard the living fungi. So, use a small brush, or even a toothbrush if that's all you have, and thoroughly scrub your feet. Spend some time in between your toes also.
These simple home remedy for athletes foot tips can go a long way in fixing the problem. Prevention and treatment can soon make your athletes foot a thing of the past. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Reprint Rights: You may reprint this article as long as you leave all of the links active and do not edit the article in any way.-By Terry Edwards