Dandruff is one of the leading causes of the loss of hair. This article briefly describes some of the natural, safe and effective home remedies to get rid of dandruff. These home remedies not only cure dandruff but also improves the overall hair condition.
Dandruff Home Remedies
Below are some simple natural remedies for dandruff that you can try at your home and remove them naturally.
1. A mixture of six tablespoon water and two teaspoon vinegar may be applied on scalp and hair, and allowed to stay overnight. The next morning, one is to rinse it off with cold water. This is an effective remedy for dandruff.
2. Washing hair with apple cider vinegar and allowing it to stay for 5 minutes before the final rinsing, can ward off dandruff.
3. Usage of a homemade blend of two teaspoon lemon juice, 100 grams of witch hazel and 200 ml of distilled water would keep dandruff away.
4. Rubbing scalp with a fraction of sulfur powder, two fractions of surgical spirit, almond oil, and a little rose water would also help a lot.
5. One may apply a gel prepared by mashing aloe Vera leaves on scalp, leave it overnight and wash it off the next morning. This treatment reduces dandruff.
6. Applying a paste of fenugreek seeds and water on scalp, keeping it for an hour and then washing off reduces both hair fall and dandruff.
7. Fermented curd application is a popular home remedy to keep away dandruff. The curd may be applied on hair and left for an hour, and then washed off. This not only checks dandruff but also makes hair glossy.
8. Fresh lemon juice may be used for final rinsing of hair. This is an effective home remedy for dandruff.
9. A mixture of olive oil and ginger extracts may be massaged on the scalp and at the roots of hair to prevent dandruff attack.
10. A blend of sandalwood oil and lemon juice may be applied on scalp to get rid of dandruff.
11. Massaging scalp thoroughly with a combination of olive oil and almond oil relieves one of dandruff and scalp irritation.
12. One may boil 3 grams of black pepper in 300 grams of coconut oil, sieve and store the solution in a container. Massaging scalp with this mixture reduces dandruff.
13. The juice of snake gourd may be rubbed on scalp. It is helpful in preventing dandruff.